The Melanin Experts Scholarship Program Application
At Urban Skin Rx®, we do not just create products – we also promote education and advocacy for skin of color. To champion greater inclusion in the skincare industry, Urban Skin Rx® is partnering with The Academy of Goal Achievers, a non-profit organization that provides leadership and mentoring programs for high school students. The partnership will award 2 full scholarships to BIPOC applicants to attend the Academy of Nail Technology & Esthetics, located in Charlotte, NC who are 18+ years of age.
Two (2) individuals will be selected to take part in the The Academy of Goal Achievers program as well as receive a full scholarship to the Academy of Nail Technology & Esthetics.
In addition, the program will cover the cost of the required uniform and the state board exam, due to Urban Skin Rx® sponsorship. Recipients will also receive monthly mentoring sessions over a 6-month period with Urban Skin Rx® Founder & CEO, Rachel Roff, licensed aesthetician and an internship at Urban Skin Rx®. The scholarship program will be facilitated and administered by The Academy of Goal Achievers.
Open to legal US residents 18+ who reside in the US.
After May 31st, The Academy of Goal Achievers will review all applications in collaboration with Urban Skin Rx® and select two scholarship recipients (each a “Participants”) by June 15th. Selection criteria are as follows:
- Are you able to show proof of high school diploma or equivalency?
- Possess a government-issued photo ID and social security card
- Identify as Black, Indigenous or other Person of Color
Submit an essay detailing – “Why you want to be an aesthetician and how you plan to use those skills to give back to underserved communities.”
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, in addition to meeting the eligibility requirements stated above,
Participants will be required to:
- Sign a publicity release and complete appropriate documentation to allow The Academy of Goal Achievers to report the consideration Participants received in the Program to the IRS, as legally required (collectively, “Program Documents”).
- Sign a Program Agreement to comply with required career coaching and full-time educational requirements as provided by The Academy of Goal Achievers.
- Complete all 6 months of program within the 2021 academic year.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Will be subject to a monthly follow-up evaluation (“Monthly Follow Up”) and quarterly report
(“Quarterly Report”) completed by The Academy of Goal Achievers.
- Complete a Financial Literacy course with The Academy of Goal Achievers.
- Participate in six (6) 30-minute monthly mentoring sessions with Rachel Roff.
- Participate in an optional 40 hour Internship at Urban Skin Rx.
- Must be able to complete a full-time course requirement, Tuesday-Friday from 8:30am-